Detailed Volunteer Assignment PDF’s
Start Setup, Exchange 1, Exchange 2, Exchange 3, Exchange 4, Exchange 5, Exchange 6, Exchange 7, Exchange 8, Exchange 9, Exchange 10, Exchange 11, Exchange 12, Exchange 13, Exchange 14, Exchange 15, Exchange 16, Exchange 17, Exchange 18, Exchange 19, Exchange 20, Exchange 21, Exchange 22, Exchange 23, Exchange 24, Exchange 25, Exchange 26, Exchange 27, Exchange 28, Exchange 29, Exchange 30, Exchange 31, Exchange 32, Exchange 33, Exchange 34, Exchange 35, Finish Line Shift 1, Finish Line Shift 2
Volunteer Registration Process:
Volunteer Assignments open on Friday, July 1st 2016! Here is all the information you need to make the sign up process fast and easy!
1. Captains need to make sure all three of their volunteers are registered on their account. *Note: you will NOT be able to assign your volunteers until ALL THREE are registered!*
2. Volunteers can get the log in information from their Captain and sign themselves up or, if they are unable, Captains can do it for them.
3. On July 1st at 8:00PM MDT, log into the account. The icon that says “Assign Volunteers” (this is next to the icon that says “Add Volunteer” will become clickable. Click on this link.
3. A list of all the available assignments, including their shift times and locations will appear, with a drop down menu next to each one. The drop down menu will contain the names of the three volunteers.
5. Simply click the drop down menu next to the assignment you want, and choose which volunteer you want to assign there. Changes will save automatically in the system.
6. Volunteers will be contacted by Epic staff a few days after registration with more information about their assignment, and a Volunteer Manual.
Volunteer Options For Teams:
Your team provides 3 volunteers for shifts of 5-8 hours.
Your team pays a $270 volunteer fee and volunteers will be provided for you.
*If you switch from Option 1 to Option 2 after the deadline (July 14, 2016) the fee will be $375*
Information for Volunteers:
1. General Information
Volunteer shifts typically last for 4-8 hours. Due to the nature of the event, some of these shift will be at odd hours, including some overnight shifts. Make sure you are aware of your shift time and location, as you will be expected to arrive on time.
2. What Do I Wear/Bring?
-A chair! Trust us, you will be much more comfortable!
-Snacks, water, etc. You are likely going to get hungry during your shift and you might not be near any grocery stores!
-Sunscreen, a hat/umbrella or shade tent for day time shifts. Extra layers, extra lights for nighttime shifts
3. How Do I Chose My Shift?
Ask your Team Captain! They will be receiving correspondence outlining the signup process, as well as the date that it takes place. When selections are posted, teams will be able to sign into their accounts and register their volunteers.
4. What If I Have More Questions?
Each volunteer will be sent a detailed Volunteer Handbook after signing up. This should answer most-if not all-of your questions!
5. How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age by the day of the relay. Anyone under 18 years of age will be paired with an adult.
Incentives for Volunteers
- Relay Shirt
- Epic Relays Sticker